Friday, September 11, 2009

Heeeeeyyyyy.....so, how's everybody doing?

Jeez, this is awkward...you may have noticed that my last post was...well JULY 7TH! Anyone looking at my posting must chuckle at the "beginner's excitement" I was so obviously brimming with, followed by two months of utter silence. There were murmurs that "Life of a Pragmartist" was just a flash in the pan, rumors of yet another failed blog...

Well, my friends, here I am, older and wiser, having learned from my mistakes.

From here on in, no promises. I can't tell you when I'm going to write, or what I'm going to write about. This could be the last post ever. Or there could be eight tomorrow. (There won't be eight tomorrow). But I do like having this forum here, so we'll just have to wait and see.

The reason for this giant gap was that I was enrolled in what amounts to Screenwriting 101 at UCLA for the past ten weeks, so my energy has almost entirely been devoted to creating the story for my new screenplay. After struggling my ass off, consistently going from thinking I was the greatest writer ever, to packing my proverbial bags, I now hold a rough treatment for the new project. I am incredibly excited about this new work, but I don't think I'll talk about it here. Not yet. First off, there's the whole, "I don't want my idea stolen" thing, but I also enjoy keeping it close for now. But when a "sci-fi" movie by Aaron Golden comes out in 2015, you can say where you heard about it first.

Anyhow, that's all for now, just a quick update and hello. I will try to post a little more often...then again, I start a new class beginning of Cocktober and will again be slaving away to create something original. But, I'll do what I can.

Cheers!

Aaron Sydney Golden


No comments:

Post a Comment